Website traffic plateaus up and down — that part is evident. But during the warmer months, your visitors can trail off and become preoccupied with other things; summer vacation for one.
With July and August being the most popular months for folks to take off and break away from their daily routines, you may notice that your blog traffic suffers as a result. It doesn’t have to be a bad thing, because the way I look at it, is it’s a great opportunity to grasp a whole new audience.
Here are some free ways to boost your blog traffic this summer:
- Create a summer contest for your readers to take part in. Approach some of the affiliate companies you work with and ask if they want to sponsor it.
- Tweak your blog to include some of the new social media tools available to you, such as the easy ability for someone to “tweet” your posts.
- Start a Facebook fan page for your blog and invite your friends to join it. You can even include a badge in the sidebar of your blog to attract new readers to join it.
- Comment on other blogs that you’ve never visited before in your niche. Chances are they are also experiencing a new batch of visitors, who in turn will come over to your blog to see what you have to say.
- Try using video if you never have before. Prepare a written post, but read it out instead. Readers can engage and relate to you better these days in the form of video.
In the end, don’t feel down if you see your traffic numbers taking a bit of a dip. Use that as motivation to try some new things out and leverage the summer months to your advantage. Come fall, you’ll have a swarm of new readers tuned in.
And of course, if you have a budget, set up some summer-orientated PPC campaigns to drive up blog traffic. Target a market you never have before — perhaps in another country.
Tweet This Post!